Cym Materiales Argentina and Metalcym Brazil manufactures shot blasting machines for continuous in-line descaling or batch type (coil) shotblasting machines for the iron and steel industry.
The in-line blast machines are designed for descaling wire rods, bars, or Billets at throughput speeds up to (250 meters/min.).The machines are provided with accumulative, loading and unloading bars systems, rotary system and transfer and rotary movement system.
The batch type shot blasters descale coils of wire rod up to 3000 kg at a time. The procedure may take from 7 to 20 minutes depending on the diameters of the rod to be processed. The machines may have one or two loading doors. Those with two doors have the advantage of reducing the loading / unloading time - while a coil of rod is inside the blasting chamber, a second coil can be loaded through the second door.
The abrasive is propelled by centrifugal turbines. The number of turbines of each machine depends on the size of the machine and the coils of rod to be processed
Blasting system or mechanic descaling advantages:
* Shot blasting machines do not need facilities for the regeneration or post treatment of waste material such as those required for the treatment of chemical effluents.
* The process does not generate heat that modifies the structure of the material being blasted.
* Shotblasting does not generate any chemical reaction on the rod surface, which avoids the risk of making the iron more fragile by acid hydrogen release.
* When the machines are operated properly they do not cause any health problems or damage to the plant as those caused by the steam released from the chemical descaling process.
* Compared to chemical descaling, shotblasting make the surface of the material rougher, which aids in lubricant pickup of the rod during the wire drawing operation. Surface roughness may further be controlled based on the shot grade being used. Consult Cym Materiales for further information regarding shot selection.